The student news site of Hagerty High School

The BluePrint Online

The BluePrint Online

The BluePrint Online

This or That: October

Students vote on this weeks trending topics

Travis Kelce, tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs, and Taylor Swift, an international superstar, have recently taken the media by storm after sparking dating rumors. Swift was seen wearing a Kelce jersey at the Chiefs’ game against the Chicago Bears on Sept. 24, creating controversy. Kelce’s NFL team is currently 5-1. Swift initially rose to fame in 2004 and became the youngest person to have a music publishing deal in Sony Records’s history, as she was 14 at the time.

Travis Kelce vs. Taylor Swift

photo by Creative Commons

Travis Kelce: 42%
“Definitely Travis Kelce. My whole family are huge Chiefs supporters. Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce are my two favorite players. – Alex Hernandez, 10

photo by Creative Commons

Taylor Swift: 58%

“Obviously Taylor Swift. I love her music and have been to a few of her concerts. The concerts are definitely worth the money.” -Brie Elder-Heinman 9

Books v eBooks

photo by Creative Commons

Books: 88%

Books are volumes of text that are bound by covers that have illustrations that enlighten the reader, hinting at the world inside.

“I prefer books over eBooks because I just love the smell of new books, and they just have better quality than eBooks do.” Brandon Puig, 10

eBooks: 12%

photo by Creative Commons

eBooks are the online version of books and are available on notable electronic book providers, Kindle and Apple iBooks.

“I love eBooks because I was definitely a Wattpad kid growing up.” Anne , 11

Block Schedule vs. 7 Period Day

Students’ weekly schedules consist of four block days and one day with every class, Wednesday.

photo by Lillie Overton

Odd and Even: 79%

The block period of 1,3,7,5 on Mondays and Thursdays, and 2, 4, 7. 6 on Tuesday and Friday.

“Odd/Even days are better so we have more time to do homework.” Sam Bowen, 12

photo by Lillie Overton

Straight: 11%

The straight seven schedule takes place on early release day Wednesday.

“Straight days so we could see all of our teachers for more help when we need it.” -John Nicholson, 12