Signups open for spring musical

Auditions for the upcoming spring musical, The Addams Family, will take place on Monday, Dec. 11 and Tuesday, Dec.12 in the auditorium after school.

Performers should prepare 32 bars of a contemporary comedic musical theater song to perform. Acapella and overly dramatic songs are prohibited.This song should showcase singing as well as acting abilities. Teacher Trevor Southworth can help students choose a song or answer any questions in room 9-109. Students do not have to be in theater class or chorus to audition, all are welcome.

Students can also sign up for a technical crew. Students are able to sign up for more than one crew but space is limited. Crew members are required to attend two rehearsals a week.

Application letters for assistant director, stage manager and all crew heads are due no later than Wednesday, Dec. 6. The letter should include the position or positions the student is applying for, the student’s experience, and the reason the student feels that they would be the best person for the position.   

If interested, sign ups are available outside of Southworth’s room. Callbacks will be Thursday, Dec. 14.

Being a part of the shows at Hagerty are so much fun, and you make a lot of friends!,” junior Emily Canamella said.”I would definitely recommend signing up.”