The student news site of Hagerty High School

photo by Sarah Gibson

Multiple groups around campus have chipped in to decorate the school with signs, banners and chalk art in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Pink’d fundraisers support breast cancer awareness

October 7, 2015

On Friday, Oct. 9, varsity football battles East Ridge during the Pink’d game in support of breast cancer awareness. The home game will begin at 7pm, however, there are multiple ways to get involved before kickoff.

Before the game, National Honor Society will be holding their annual Pink’d Out Pig-Out. For five dollars, a meal consists of a hamburger or hot dog, a drink and a cookie. The pig-out will begin at 6pm outside the cafeteria.

Many other clubs are also participating in Pink’d fundraising before the event. Leadership is selling the official Pink’d event shirts for $10 at both lunches, plus the option of tank tops for $15. Administration has announced they will allow Pink’d tanks to be worn during school every Friday in October.

Clubs around school are offering multiple options to stay spirited for the game without breaking the bank. Beta club is selling bandanas and junior class is selling spirit beads, each for a dollar. At the game, Art Honor Society will be painting faces for a dollar as well. All profits from this year’s fundraisers will go to Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

“It is really awesome to see how each group makes a difference whether it be spreading the word, fundraising or retrieving sponsorships,” senior leadership member Ashtyn Maccagnano.

Though breast cancer awareness lasts throughout October, Pink’d items will cease to be sold concluding with the game this Friday. However, fans are encouraged to continue showing off their Pink’d gear throughout the month in support of the cause.

“It is nice to see everything come together when we pink out the stadium on Friday and support a cause together as one family,” Maccagnano said.

The BluePrint Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$510
$1000