Peppermint+mocha

photo by copykat.com

Peppermint mocha

photo by copykat.com

Ingredients:

• 1-2 tbsp peppermint syrup
  • 1-2 tbsp dark chocolate sauce
  • 2-3 shots espresso
  • 8 ounces steamed milk
  • Whipped cream
  • Grated chocolate (or chocolate curls)
photo by Julia Sumpter

Add dark chocolate drizzle to the bottom of your cup. We did not follow the measurement of the recipe; we just added however much we felt like. 

photo by Julia Sumpter

Add peppermint syrup to the bottom of the cup as well. We could not find peppermint syrup, so we used Coffee Mate peppermint mocha creamer instead. We did not follow the measurements for this either and just added what we felt we would like.

photo by Julia Sumpter

We used Café Bustelo espresso packets and poured one packet into the bottom of a cup then added six ounces of water to it. Pour the espresso into the cup with the creamer and chocolate sauce.

photo by Julia Sumpter

In a glass measuring pitcher, we heated eight ounces of milk in the microwave until the milk was hot. Add the milk and stir together.

photo by Julia Sumpter

Add whip cream on top. You can use chocolate curls on top of the whip cream but we grated a dark chocolate bar instead since we did not have chocolate curls.

photo by Julia Sumpter

FAILED IT Instead of the 2-3 shots of espresso, if you want to actually taste the coffee, add more because the measurements in that recipe were not enough for our liking. It took us about 30 minutes, which is a lot longer than what you’d wait for at Starbucks since you have to steam the milk yourself and make the espresso. All together, it cost about $17. For convenience and money purposes, Starbucks is the better option.

photo by copykat.com and Julia Sumpter

The BluePrint Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$510
$1000