JV football rolls past Seminole

Wearing all pink to support breast cancer awareness, the JV football team beat Seminole High School, 19-0, on Oct. 1.

“I think they played well on all phases,” head coach Rick Lias said. “I was happy with the effort we sustained throughout all four quarters and the team got tough.”

Last week, as the team was on the bus ready to face Lyman High School, the game got cancelled due to severe thunderstorms in the area. However, the weather was provided a clear night for a clear win on Wednesday.

Two key players during the game were sophomore quarterback Chase Caldwell and sophomore cornerback Doug Meyers. Caldwell finished with one touchdown and Meyers had two interceptions.

“I thought we did really well in the first half and ran it down their throat by keeping on gaining yards,” Caldwell said.

Other teammates who helped with the win were sophomore tight-end Josh Welden, who caught a touchdown pass, and sophomore running-back Kevin King.

Next week, on Oct. 8, the JV football team will face Lake Mary at home. They are looking to keep their win streak alive against a strong Rams team.

“We need to sustain our drives better, ”Lias said. “We’ve got Lake Mary coming in here next week, so it doesn’t get any easier, so we’ve got to be ready.”