The student news site of Hagerty High School

photo by Julia Sumpter

The equipment bag for senior Charissa Thompson, who is on the varsity girls cross country team.

Cross Country – Charissa Thompson

1. Hat – Used to keep the sun out of her eyes 
  2. Calf Roller – “Helps with rolling out your calves and it gives a tight compression.”
  3. Goodr Glasses – “During the main cross country season, it’s super hot and sunny so the glasses help block out the sun a little bit.”
  4. Spike Key – Tool used to put spikes on the bottom of the shoes
  5. Perfume – Uses after practice if she has somewhere to go so she doesn’t smell bad 
  6. Biofreeze/Ibuprofen – Helps with pain and inflammation, from past injuries, when she is running 
  7. Lacrosse Ball – “Helps with plantar fasciitis, in xc we put a lot of pressure on our feet so I use the lacrosse ball as a massager” 
  8. KT Tape – Tapes hurting spots to help when running 
  9. Flamingo socks – “I always wear a fun pair of socks for warmups at my meets. It’s usually either flamingos or llamas.”
  10. Pullover – Uses it as a layer when it gets cold outside 
  11. Shoes – Helps with stability when she runs, uses them for long and short distance 

*Blue Ribbons – “I have the little tassels that I have attached to the top of my bag. Those are the ribbons that we wear at our meets, and those are all four of them from all four years of high school.”

The BluePrint Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$510
$1000